But let’s get into the details.
You may find yourself wondering which platform to use for your next website. You know SEO is important, so you want to pick a platform that allows you to implement your useful SEO tactics.
Good news... SEO is about the content, user-experience, trust, and authority of your site, not the platform on which your site was built. Whether you use WordPress, Squarespace, or any other website builder, you can get your site SEO-optimized in every way that matters.
But you want to know about Squarespace. So, let’s dive into exactly how Squarespace can help you optimize your website for search engines.
- Clean URLs — Squarespace creates static URLs for all of your pages and collections, making it a breeze for search engines to find and index your content.
- SSL Certificate — This is included (for free!) on all domains purchased through or hosted by Squarespace. This is a security feature that search engines value.
- Sitemap — This is similar to a resume for your website. It tells search engines what pages you have and where they’re located. Squarespace will automatically generate a sitemap for you, but you’ll need to manually submit it to Google Search Console to make sure you get indexed.
- Page Titles and Meta Descriptions — Squarespace allows you to edit these fields for each page. This content will be displayed when a page shows up on the Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) — This is a light version of your site that is designed to load faster on mobile devices. Google rewards quickly loading sites with higher rankings.
- Structured Data, Rich Snippets, and Meta Tags — These are all included out-of-the-box with Squarespace. Marking different parts of your site with tags to identify Blogs, Events, SEO Titles, and more is a great way to explain to Google exactly what is included on specific web pages.
Along with all the nice Squarespace SEO features, you’ll find great resources and help sections to help you implement. An SEO Checklist is also available so that you can stay on track with ongoing SEO optimizations.
Squarespace & SEO
To recap, Squarespace is indeed SEO-friendly, and it’s a great option if you’re building out a new website that you’d like to see in the search results.
Learn more about getting started with Squarespace SEO with these 5 tips.
Good luck with your SEO optimizations, and may you rank #1 on Google for your chosen keywords!
Overwhelmed by SEO?
Follow our step-by-step process. Take a guided approach and grow your business.